Modern Warfare 2 patch notes confirm one small but much-needed fix
modern warfare 2 it’s huge. Massive. The release of Warzone 2 has attracted more than 25 million people, so there are many eyes on the first updates of the game. Fortunately for Activision, Infinity Ward, and Raven, the first massive update has done some particularly impressive things.
One of the top-tier changes is the reintroduction of CDL modes (that’s Call of Duty League, if you’re curious) which were removed after some playlist bugs were discovered.
But while that’s nice, there’s something even better for players who like to put a little polish on their gear: a better navigation option for all of your locked and unlocked camos.
It might sound small, but when you’ve spent most of your time between matches idly scrolling through hundreds of different camouflages trying to find something that looks half-decent on the Kastov 762, for example, having the option to see what’s actually on. unlocked and put it on your favorite weapon without problems is a godsend.
And it’s not just me and my appreciation of a clean, readable user interface that’s in this, either; check out the MW2 reddit and you will see other people joining the love-in.
“Okay, it’s actually a fantastic change,” says one commenter. “I can finally figure out which camo looks best on a weapon, instead of just picking the first one that looks great because I can’t scroll through 100 locked camos.”
“Finally, by God,” says another. “Now give me a better UI so I can see more than six at a time and switch groups without skipping four of them at once.”
There’s still a way to go, then. But this is a good start. For the rest of the patch notes, check out the list below.
- Improvements made to help better navigate Camos:
- Added controller bumper navigation to jump between categories
- Added a toggle option to show/hide locked camouflages.
- Increased audio notification for when The Jailer enters the Gulag.
- Armor Piercing Ammunition
- Removed the damage multiplier against armored opponents.
- Fixed collision issues with various in-game items that allowed players to explode, peek at, or shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue with audio occlusion and directional audio.
- Fixed an issue that caused some unlocks in the Gunsmith to not track weapon progression.
- Fixed an issue that caused Overkill to allow players to equip the same weapon as a primary and secondary.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the correct amount of Battle Pass Tokens from appearing in the Battle Pass Menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the season countdown timer in the Battle Pass menu to not display the correct amount of time remaining.
- Fixed various incorrect texts in the game interface.
- Fixed various issues resulting in incorrect controller input when navigating menus.
- Fixed an issue that caused players looking down to appear erratic to others.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from launching the game due to GPU support.
- Fixed an issue that caused focused mode to crash the client while view mode was set to windowed.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation that caused the PlayStation Store icon to remain stuck on the screen after experiencing a network error.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Dragon in the Center” calling card to not track progression.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong Operator icon to appear while browsing to select a custom skin for Kleo.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be returned to the main menu when navigating to select the PDSW 528 Armory while customizing a Loadout.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect progression requirement to appear in the Prestige menu.
- Fixed various audio related issues that caused players to hear notifications at times when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue that caused Platinum Camo’s unlock requirements to display incorrectly after it had been unlocked.
- Fixed various issues that caused the camera to shake while watching another player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Operator model’s hands to appear invisible while hanging from the ledge.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong weapon to appear in the Player Showcase.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spotter Scope to continuously highlight enemy positions.
- Fixed a dev bug in Private Matches and will continue to improve stability.